Email Marketing Strategy
Having an effective email marketing strategy is important in order for your email marketing campaigns to be successful. Effective email marketing strategy considers the following factors, who your target audience is, their preferences and benefits they are looking for as well as your products services and industry and which email marketing messages are most effective.
- Offers: regardless of what kind of a business you run, you should know how to make offers in your emails. The basic idea is to urge people to get something they really want. That can mean giving them a discount coupon for a product they’ve indicated they’re interested in. Or it can mean a general promotion that goes out to everyone on your list. The overall tone of the email should be helpful not salesy
- Strong content: The simplest information wall is an email opt-in form that requires people to join the business owner’s list in order to get the content. For example, you can ask people to share a link to the content in social media before getting access to it. Or you can ask for more information about them (e.g., specific interests or their company’s size). The additional information gives you a better chance to tailor your email marketing to match what they’re most interested in. And that gives you a better chance to convert them into customers.
- Relationship building: you should always remember relationship building as an email marketing strategy. No matter what kind of an email you send. That means Personalize email whenever possible.
- Subject lines: Writing the right subject line is so important. Having a good subject line can be the difference between a person opening your email or not.
- Timing: While many a quality email may be built during business hours, the ones with the best open rates aren’t being sent from 9 to 5. The top email strategy still is to send at night.