How To Develop Your Brand Voice
Developing your brand voice is an integral part of defining your brand. Defining your brand voice is about defining the tone and style of writing that you will use to communicate to your customers. The personality of your brand is determined, in large measure, by the words you use and the sentences you write.
With these five steps you will be able to define your brand voice.
- Choose a couple of words to describe your brand, ie: passion, bold, vibrant etc.
- Ask yourself how do your customers communicate. Is it formal, casual?
- What differentiate you from your competitors – Is your tone different from theres and if it not how can you make it different.
- What kind of emotions would you like to evoke? ie: Nostaglia, freedom , loyalty etc
- Now asses your answers and create a spreadsheet according to your answers. We love this chart that was created by the content marketing institute.